The Health Plan has established a Disaster and Emergency Declaration policy in accordance with state and federal laws and related regulations.
Plan Counties Affected: Broward
During this period:
- For any medical emergency please contact 911
- The Plan will allow Part A/B and supplemental Part C plan benefits to be furnished at specified non-contracted (out of network) facilities
- Plan will waive requirements for obtaining gatekeeper (PCP) referrals.
- The Plan will temporarily reduce plan-approved out-of-network cost sharing to in-network cost-sharing amounts;
- Enrollees will have adequate access to covered Part D drugs dispensed at out-of-network pharmacies when those enrollees cannot reasonably be expected to obtain covered Part D drugs at a network pharmacy, and when such access is not routine;
- The Plan will lift “refill-too-soon” edits. You can get your refills at your pharmacy with no problem. Talk to your pharmacist. They can help you fill a prescription.
- Affected enrollee can obtain the maximum extended day supply, if requested and available at the time of refill.
- When calling the member services phone numbers, you may experience long waits or be directed to voice mail. We are working diligently to address all of your needs and all voice mails will be returned as soon as possible. If experiencing a medical emergency, please contact 911.
There may be long waits for members calling for transportation services, including emergency transportation, in some areas that may be affected by the hurricane. If you need transportation and it is not an emergency, please call back at a later date. This will ensure we can help people who are in need right away. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please contact 911.
OVER THE COUNTER (OTC) ORDERS:
Due to the hurricane, there may be delays in receiving your orders.
Links to Weather Related Websites
National Hurricane Center
National Weather Service (NOAA)
Storm Prediction Center
State of Florida Emergency Management Department Website