Items and services that are not covered include but are not limited to the following:
- Some Chiropractic services
- Cosmetic surgery (with only a few exceptions)
- Custodial care (help with bathing, dressing, using the bathroom, and eating) at home or in a nursing home
- Deductibles, coinsurance, or co-payments when you get certain health care services
- Dental care and dentures (with only a few exceptions)
- Eye care (routine exam), eye re-fractions and most eyeglasses
- Most routine foot care such as cutting of corns or calluses
- Hearing aids and hearing exams for the purpose of fitting a hearing aid
- Hearing tests that haven’t been ordered by your doctor
- Long-term care, such as custodial care in a nursing home
- Most Prescription drugs aren’t covered by Medicare Part A or B.
- Most health care you get while traveling outside of the United States
Our Medicare Advantage Plans offer additional benefits that are not covered under Original Medicare (Part A and B). Find out more about Medicare Advantage Plans.