Our goal at Freedom Health is to help our members improve their health by providing the best care and service options. To do this, we rely on our Quality Management (QM) program to monitor the quality of care given by Plan providers. The QM Program also looks for areas of service that need to be improved.
Every year, we measure to see the progress we have made toward meeting our goals for healthy members. One of the tools we use to do this is called HEDIS®, which stands for Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set. HEDIS® is a very common tool used by health care plans to see how well they are serving their members. We use these HEDIS® results to see where we need to focus our improvement efforts.
Our HEDIS® MY 2022 results show that Freedom Healthcare improved its performance and met quality goals in many HEDIS® measures. These areas include:
- Blood Pressure Control for Patients with Diabetes (<140/90 mm Hg)
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Controlling High Blood Pressure
- Eye Exam in Patients with Diabetes
- Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for People with Multiple High-Risk Chronic Conditions
- Hemoglobin A1c Control for Patients with Diabetes
- Kidney Health Evaluation for Patients with Diabetes
- Transition of Care: Medication Reconciliation Post- Discharge
- Transitions of Care: Notification of Inpatient Admission
- Transitions of Care: Patient Engagement
Areas where we would like to improve our performance include:
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Transitions of Care: Receipt of Discharge Information
- Osteoporosis Management in Women Who Had a Fracture
View our full quality Health Plan Report Card.
Additional information on HEDIS® and Performance Measurement.
You can also call Member Services at 1-800-401-2740.